Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beauty Secrets


Continuing with the Birthday Week theme "Old Age", today's post will cover the $290 billion dollar business of wrinkle creams. Nobody wants wrinkles and even in a bad economy nothing will stop us from buying our favorite products.What is the best anti wrinkle cream on the market today? Is it even possible to judge which one is best? There are some very pricey creams that claim to be the best, but don't be fooled by fancy packaging and a high price tag! With a little searching, I did the work for you and have some surprising beauty secrets in this post.

Read on...


No one has to tell us when we get our first wrinkle, we have been seeing it long before anyone else did! When you are in your 20's you "imagine" there is a wrinkle forming at the corner of your eye and you crinkle up your face just to see what it will look like in 10 years. Flash forward to 30, 2 kids and not much time in front of the bathroom mirror and you are now sure it's a wrinkle. The only thing that prevents you from doing anything is sheer exhaustion...when bedtime finally rolls around you are so tired that doing a 5 step beauty treatment is out of the question. About 40 is when most of us seriously attack wrinkles. Then we pull out the big guns, doing multiple products and multiple regimens.


Fear sets in...




Throughout the years, manufacturers capitalize on this fear and we foolishly buy products that don't work. We have to start with common sense and the basics of skin care;


Cleanse, Exfoliate and Moisturize.



This picture demonstrates why staying out of the sun is so important.


According to Dr. Oz, the best wrinkle creams are those that use the extracts of red wine. Effective wrinkle creams will also have essential fatty acids in them to maximize skin tightening. Of the current creams on the market, Dr. Oz recommends Dermitageis for the best results. The cream contains Resveratol, an extract of red wine, collagen extracts, Matrixyl 3000, and a natural cream base. All of these ingredients are essential for maximum firming effects. A good wrinkle cream will help reduce the fine and coarse wrinkles on the forehead, under the eyes, and around the mouth. Certain creams can also reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.


Many experts say it's possible to reduce wrinkles and fine lines using oils you can purchase in your health food store and make the recipe at home yourself. You can start by getting 1 ounce of Jojoba oil that will imitate the composition of your skins natural oils. Add 1 drained capsule of evening primrose oil that is rich in essential fatty acids which is so important for your skin. Next add 10 drops of carrot seed essential oil that will stimulate and rejuvenate your skin cells. Try this natural anti wrinkle cream at home for several weeks and begin to see your skin become more smooth, softer and more hydrated.


You can make homemade wrinkle cream fairly easily with a few basic ingredients. You'll need a few drops of almond oil (about five) and two or three slices of avocado. Mix the two until they form a paste. Apply the paste around the eye area and leave it on for five minutes.Remove the paste with warm water. You might also used soaked teabags on the lids of your eyes for wrinkle prevention and to soothe weary eyes.


*Beauty recipes from wrinklecream365.com


Munch on a stick of gum for 15 to 20 minutes each day for a couple of weeks and watch the wrinkles subside. Chewing gum exercises the face muscles and stimulates facial blood circulation, thus enhancing the facial cell metabolic function.




A preparation made from pigs feet is highly recommended for smoothing away the lines. Made from four or so trotters (preferably sows), stewed and reduced to a paste, it's nightly application makes fine lines and wrinkle disappear.

Tea has many health benefits and the following recipes are said to improve the skin.

NO.1 Green Tea with special flavors
one green tea bag, ten grapes, two pieces of pineapple, two lemon wedges and a teaspoon of honey. Steep the green tea in hot water for seven to eight minutes. Squeeze the grape and pineapple into juice. Combine the juice, honey, lemon and green tea in a glass together and stir. Effects: It can safely and mildly accelerate the skin’s metabolism and blood circulation. It can also help renew aging skin cells, decompose melanin in the skin and make the skin more lubricated and white.
NO. 2 Rose and honey tea
six roses, a small pack of black tea, a teaspoon of honey, a small lemon wedge and purified water. After the water has boiled in a pot, put the black tea in it and steep for six minutes. Put the roses into the boiling water. Put the honey in and turn the heat off. Then, put in the lemon.
Effects: It is gentle and can be used to lower the anger inside. It can also help harmonize energy and beauty, and protect the liver, stomach and intestines. Drank for a long time, it can even help one lose weight.
NO.3 Chrysanthemum tea with mung bean
ten grams of chrysanthemum, 30 grams of mung bean paste, ten grams of lemon and a little honey. Put the chrysanthemum in boiling water , then add the lemon juice and mung bean paste. Finally, add the honey.
Effects: It can help rid poisons from within and smooth a coarse face. It is good for getting rid of blemishes.
NO.4 Black tea with aloe
aloe, chrysanthemum, a bag of black tea and a teaspoon of honey. Peel the aloe and put it in boiling water with the chrysanthemum. Add the black tea and honey.
Effects: It can improve the cells regeneration and accelerate the assimilation of the fat. It is good for the human metabolism and the skin. It is a good prescription for beauty.
NO.5 Rose tea with potatoes
potatoes, cucumbers, roses, lemon juice and honey. Peel the potatoes, clean the cucumbers, and then juice them together with fresh roses. Add some lemon juice and honey.
Effects: It can metabolize the skin and reduce blemishes, as well as make pores smaller.
NO.6 Black tea with milk
milk, black tea and salt. Place the black tea and boiling water, add the milk and some salt.
Effects: It can moisturize the skin. It can also make the body stronger if drank consistently for a long time.


So there you go, some ways to fight the dreaded wrinkle and save a little money!
Good luck and let me know if you try the pigs feet!

14 comments:

  1. I have never found 1 thing that works..Granted I have given up:) But Vaseline..olive oil.. olive oil soaps... specro jel..etc are my faves apart from 1 wonderful cream I bought is Italy at a Coop for under 3 Euros and of course I can't get it here.
    I could never spend $100 on face cream.

    Any tips?

    And I found 50 was the clincher with that other main event that happened at 55 to be the most aging~
    C'est la vie..I still see a 17 yr old in the mirror sometimes..I just think why does she look like that!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By far the biggest eye opener for me was when a friend told me to bend my head down toward the floor and look in a mirror. Horrifying.

    I think I'll just drink the red wine instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy with each beauty mark I have acquired ... chuckle. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no way on earth you would get me to the pig feet tray. NOt happening.

    Lupies get issues with their skin pretty bad, some do anyway. The spf sunscreen I have to use is also good for the skin!! IT's a winner twice. Many of the sunscreens on the market actually have products in them that help keep your skin in it's best shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried several brands and can't tell any difference but then if I hadn't been using them it might have been worse....never know.
    I actually like all of the olay products and they too are getting pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was with you till the pig's feet appeared. I'll take a pass on that one :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find using over the counter creams gives me a LOT of skin problems so I just use Clinique that my dermatologist suggested .ain't no higher than regular walmart stuff.
    Other wise I just let nature make me who it wants to...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. I could do any of it, perhaps, but no way could I use the pig feet. I'd rather have wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a group of confident women who know the inside is what really counts! I thought the pigs feet concoction was hilarious! Thanks for all you comments...
    joy c. at grannymountain

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have my first wrinkle : ( I like to refer to it as a smile line.. HA! Oh well... I'm not going to sweat it. I'm not sure there is anything that really works.. other than plastic surgery. I do agree that tea does have benefits for sure.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.. I appreciate the comments. I get much traffic, few comments so I wanted to come back and show my appreciation. i would have loved to see those kind of clothes lines. My bloggy friend Tara asked me if they had them as well. I sure would love to see it sometime.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get asked often, what kind of moisturizer I use... I don't really have any wrinkles at 55... my secret...?

    been using oil of olay since 1972.

    now... as for that Okra... it's not difficult to put up a small batch and you'd be very surpirzed at how much better it is than the kind you buy in the grocery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some days I hate my wrinkles,others I don't care.I use a day cream but I think expensive and cheap creams are the same thing.Well,who cares?We are always young inside!Baci.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have my own theory. Forget about the skin creams with the Reservitol in it. Eliminate the middle man so to speak and just drink the wine. You won't care that you have wrinkles.

    I did a post on a similar theme a while back. Here is the link if you are interested:
    http://www.familytreesmaycontainnuts.com/2009/05/random-aging-gracefully.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. When human gets older, sure there'll be wrinkles. What most important is to stay healthy and be happy! You'll look younger if you're feeling happy!

    ReplyDelete

The best part about blogging are the comments!

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Granny Mountain