Monday, September 7, 2009

The Blogs That Stay With You

September has arrived and there is a definite nip in the air. I start thinking about meals that match the weather. Oatmeal is one of those foods that warms you up and stays with you. It's a healthy breakfast, unless I'm fixing the bowl! I like to "doctor mine up" with brown sugar, spices and butter, raisins and walnuts and a splash of cream! You don't have to wonder mid-morning if you ate breakfast, your tummy is still full and you can go like the Energizer Bunny! Some blogs are like that too. I have many favorite blogs, but there are some that post stories that inspire, that you can't forget. I'm setting here in my study with my cup of coffee, Ben asleep at my feet when I come across these unassuming, heartfelt stories. True lives poured out on paper~ er email. They touch my heart and make me cry sometimes, multi-tissue cries. They've lived the pain or the heartache and their strength shines through. Others have insight into our lives, words that have the power to make you go inward and learn from life. You'll be blessed if you take the time to read any of these posts.
Nana at Nana's Kitchen- A tribute to her Dad's ongoing strength and 20 year battle with Spinocerebellar Ataxia.

Kathleen at Easy For Me to Say- Remembering her Mom...

Cherie at Bakow Babble- You won't find this interesting person on Facebook or MySpace, you'll have to visit her blog for her great outlook on life!

Jennifer at Dust Bunny Hostage- A Mom who thinks outside the box...and encourages her kids to do the same! She and Diva daughter invented Positive Day...a day for people to think about the things they are thankful for and to share the things that make them happy.

I could go on and on, and I usually do...but please take the time to visit these wonderful blogs for you daily bowl of "Stick-to-your-ribs" stories!

7 comments:

  1. I will pay each of these gals a visit and tell them that you sent me. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too find certain blogs that stay with me but all for various reasons. Been to two of three here will check out the third for you. Take care today. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep! i agree with you. there are just such wonderful blogs out there and i become very attached to these people and their stories!
    have you tried steel cut oatmeal? it tastes even better and stays with you longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kathleen and will visit the others; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't visited all of those blogs... thanks for the intro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, thank you! I am thrilled to know that my blog stuck with you.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joycee you are so sweet to include my blog.
    Blogs and the people who write them do become great friends and a fun way to start or end the day don't they.
    I am going to check out the other blogs you mentioned here. If you like them they must be good!
    Have a SUPER day!!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...