Sunday, November 8, 2009

Just a little breakfast for me...

[photograph by Dan Jackson]

I'm enjoying the Dr. Oz Show daily on NBC. He's the wonderful doctor who has been a favorite on Oprah's show. Dr. Oz has an amazing ability to infect you with his enthusiasm to start being healthier today. I have the Real Age Diet Book that he and Dr. Roizen co-wrote. It's full of so much information on the connection between food and health. So many diet books focus on just calories, this one uses the most recent research to help you change your eating habits in permanent, healthy ways.

I've never been a big breakfast eater. I don't wake up hungry, ever. For one thing I don't like many breakfast foods. The above picture is hard for me to look at, I do not like eggs. Sugar on an empty stomach has always made me queasy. So that eliminates cereal, oatmeal, pancakes. So what's left? Toast. I like toast. Toast and butter and COFFEE. That's what I really like.
A BIG CUP OF COFFEE and the newspaper!


9 comments:

  1. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals. I used to eat a poached egg every morning with a piece of buttered toast. Lately, however, it's been Special K with prunes (LOL!) and a cup of coffee. I don't like sweet cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love breakfast but I'm not hungry for 2/3 hours after I get up....and then it is too close to lunch to eat breakfast so it is usually just coffee for me too....
    Did you see Dr. Oz last week and the germs at the supermarket? Awful...when he showed the germs going through the cantaloupe when you slice it.....he never told the solution to this???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a breakfast eater either..once in awhile I do but most mornings not. I usually eat around noon..I don't drink coffee but I like a diet pepsi with lemon about 1:00~I don't always eat right but I try! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like toast, too. But I like it with egg on it, with cinnamon and sugar on it and with butter.

    Happy Sunday. Hope your paper holds only good news today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never say never. I used to not be hungry before noon and now I love breakfast. Just not before sunrise. I too love coffee and paper, but that doesn't happen on the farm. I bought some quince jam this weekend that I can't wait to try on a biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks okay . . . not great, but okay.

    I love Dr. Oz too. I got his DVD on moving your body!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a breakfast eater either and they say it is the most important meal of the day. When I look at food in the morning my stomach says " Please NO".
    I wonder if you get up earlier if that would change. I guess I'll never find out! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to eat breakfast every morning even if it's just a piece of toast. That picture of the egg makes me queasy. Loved your post before with your picture back in 1971. I can relate. We're just a year apart in age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just the funniest thing...I am just like you in so many ways...toast, huh, me too! As I read so many of your posts, I find that I wish we lived next door to each other!

    ReplyDelete

I have changed my settings for comments to prevent spam, I would love for you to join me over on Facebook Granny Mountain page!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Granny Mountain