Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Flamingo Knees

I think I may be getting old. I hate to admit it, but I may be headed for problems with my creaky knees. Lately my right knee wants to do the "flamingo thing." I notice it first if I overdo, too much fun/walking sets me off and I limp like Chester on Gunsmoke (if you are under 50, call your Mom and ask her who Chester was)! I have to say it really cramps my style, I can imagine the bargains that are at TJ Maxx and it kills me. Missing out on a Kathy VanZealand bag that's 50% off is almost more than I can bear!


It's not like it hurts all the time. My first experience was 2 summers ago, too much climbing in and out of the boat. I didn't notice it until it was too late, the day the kids went back to Texas and suddenly, I was out of commission. Good thing it didn't happen on the first day of vacation or I would have missed out on a lot of fun. I took pain relievers, wore a knee brace and in a few weeks it went away.

Then last winter, out of the blue I woke up with a limp. Now it was my left knee. This time I put the brace on and actually wore it under jeans so I got better pretty quick.

This time I think I know what caused it...

It could have been this...


...or this


I'm just gonna try and stay positive though, just keep on going!

4 comments:

  1. Good choice...since I broke my ankle I just pretend it doesn't hurt to walk Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your knee problem Joycee...Maybe a trip to the Orthopedic Doctor is in order.

    I know... that suggestion made those knees hurt even more. Think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when my knee or my darn heel hurts....I take aleve, use ice, elevate, blah, blah, blah and keep going!!! Good luck, hope you are feeling better. (getting old - NO WAY)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just another reason to try to keep our weight down...I read that each additional pound puts 4 pounds of pressure on your knee for every step...something to think about...

    ReplyDelete

The best part about blogging are the comments!

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Granny Mountain