Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Derek!

It really is and most of us realize by the time we are into our 40's that the important things in our lives aren't "things" at all. We begin to notice sunsets, the greeness of spring and how good the air smells after it rains. All that wasted on youth, we were too busy preening in our 20's to notice much! In our 30's we are raising kids... either changing diapers or at some stage of toilet training, it takes over who we are or who we thought we were. You don't really know yourself until you are well into your 40's.

Sometimes it's lifestyle, you just wake up one day and say, "This isn't working"...and you decide you are going to make changes for the better. Could be health related changes, changing jobs or even relationship adjustments. Whatever... you decide that you want more, better, and you go for it!
And the next thing you know, you're on the road to Happy. The road smooths out, the days are sunny and when you take the time to smell the roses...well, they even smell sweeter!

Hope your day is filled with lots of surprises Derek... Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Derek!

    And.. great post. Wise words.... true, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so remember that at 40, I did really feel strong, I didn't need to ask what anyone thought because I knew what I liked! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! Nothing like getting older to put life into perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH AUNT BEE!!!! Oh this gives me so many fond memories of my childhood watching her serve up warm and cozy dishes to her men! Thank you so much dearest for your comments on my post today. It means A LOT to me, to all of us, when people come by to really read and reflect on what is on our hearts. Yes, I learned about 30 years ago from an incredible and one-of-a-kind friend that YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD AROUND YOU by being DIFFERENT and doing what no one expects...that is making a faery tale come true. Enjoy every moment of your grandchildren's chatter and the wise words of the seasoned souls....Anita

    ReplyDelete

I have changed my settings for comments to prevent spam, I would love for you to join me over on Facebook Granny Mountain page!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Granny Mountain