Thursday, January 24, 2013

Over and Out!

I'm a terrible blogger and it happened about the time I started blogging! Up till then I had the time to come and read YOUR blogs instead of wondering what I'm gonna blog about. Jayme over at Tales from the Coop Keeper quit blogging this week. It took her all of one day to come to her senses, she just couldn't quit cold turkey!

So here I set feeling the same way, seriously thinking I have told you every last thing about my Grandmas and my favorite Aunts and what my cousins and I did when we were 8. It's been 4 years now and I've walked you through my Grandma's kitchen dozens of times. You've tagged along as I re-lived Christmases and reunions, sleep overs and camping trips. It seems that no matter where we grew up, we have memories stored in our hearts from those times. Maybe not exactly the same, but enough that we nod and smile when we read.

Blogging is so close to journaling, and that's the real catch right there. Those of us that need journaling to keep us focused are addicted. We blog to see the progress in our lives, we move backwards to refresh and forwards to grow. At least that's what it is for me. It keeps the crazies at bay, let's me type out a plan and just as easily erase it with a few strokes of the keys. It keeps my brain going toward the positive and inches out the bad stuff, 'cause that just doesn't look so good on these nice white pages! hee hee

In reality, life is nothing but a series of ups and downs and you can't erase the hard stuff. My Mom is now in Hospice, even those words are difficult to write. We have our plates full for the next few months helping my husband's parents to sell their home. So for now, I'll hush. I will be reading though, catching up on what YOU are doing and recharging my batteries... see you soon!

23 comments:

  1. Understand...best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Earlene, I miss it already!

      Delete
  2. Oh no..but Hospice can be of great help and comfort. I will be thinking about you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really take good care of Mom and have been so supportive. I appreciate your kind words always.

      Delete
  3. I will miss reading your site and your delicious recipes. I do so understand, sometimes there just isn't enough of us to do all things at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still try to update the recipe group on Facebook called Granny Mountain and you KNOW I'll be pinning! I'm just not home much these days.

      Delete
  4. Girl - you aren't a terrible blogger! Ha! I am! It's been four years for me too - maybe that's the key - the four year itch or something. I'm sorry to hear about your mom - it's such a hard time. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Feel free to call me, text me, email me - whenever you need a shoulder. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we do have the 4 year itch! The next few months are really going to be hard but we will make it. Thanks sweetie, your posts always give me a smile or touch my heart, you have that gift Jayme!

      Delete
  5. Prayers and hugs as you go through these tough times. I will miss your blog, but I understand!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muffy, I have been just going on fumes the last few months, worn out really. I have the strength in me though, I know it's there. Will miss your sweet comments, I'll be visiting you now...

      Delete
  6. I am the terrible blogger. You certainly are not, but its called life gets in the road, and you have to find detours. We will be waiting for you.
    I send you blessings to you. What you and I have ahead of us are monumental, but it will be done. Please take care, and know that you are in all of our thoughts.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spare time is just hard for anyone to have these days. Blogging has kept me sane the last few years, not sure if I'll go over the edge now or not! Thanks so much for being here...

      Delete
  7. I will miss you. Have always been so awed that you could come up with so many wonderful stories. You truly do inspire me. I understand that life can get in the way at times and sometimes we just gotta to do what we gotta do. Looking forward to your return. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, that so nice! I can't imagine I ever said anything worth that kind of praise but I will gladly take it and run! We do have a great support system when we blog, friends out there just a blog away!

      Delete
  8. You go be with your Mom & take care of yourself! I think we may all be having a little burnout but time will come when we can journal again. Prayers coming your way. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, I'm feeling the power of prayer this morning reading all these nice comments!

      Delete
  9. You've been given a gift and it will not go away. Taking a break is good and as you have said, life does go on, though maybe not where we want it to go. We are all in this together. Don't forget that on those trying days. We'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope I don't lose touch with all the bloggers I've met the last 4 years. I hope I'll have the time now to come and see what you guys are up to! Thanks so much Donna for the kind words...

      Delete
  10. I just recently discovered you and will be here when you return. Take care of your family and yourself, first and foremost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, family first always! Thanks sweetie!

      Delete
  11. Just went through that journey last year with my mama.
    Praying that you'll be given strength and courage for the road ahead.
    You DO come out different on the other side, but with wisdom and knowledge you can't get any other way.
    Peace -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard, I can see just how tired my Mama is getting and it breaks my heart. She still knows me and for that I am so grateful.

      Delete
  12. Oh Joy, this does bring back memories. I know how difficult time this will be for you.

    Treasure every single day you have left with her.

    ReplyDelete

I have changed my settings for comments to prevent spam, I would love for you to join me over on Facebook Granny Mountain page!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Granny Mountain