All the flavors we love with Buffalo Wings in a hearty chowder!
Add the garlic and flour and cook until fragrant, about a minute. Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan. Add the hot sauce and potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. (I didn't have blue cheese, but this would really make the soup take on the same wonderful flavors of Buffalo Wings. I would definately make this again and again!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite sized pieces ( I used leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup carrot, cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- * hot sauce to taste (I added about 4 good shakes of Tabasco, you can use Frank's too!)
- 1 large yukon gold or other boiling potato, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream (I used half and half since I'm watching my girlish figure!)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (Didn't have, but this definately would put it over the top)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes (I used rotisserie chicken so I skipped having to brown the chicken, I just chopped it into bite sizes pieces). Add the onion, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.