I'm in a rut, a blogging rut. It looks just like the picture above. Hard as I try, I end up blogging the same old stuff just with different pictures. Maybe it's my life, I don't have too much excitement here on Granny Mountain. That's not to say I don't stay busy, I'm busier than a one-eyed cat watchin' two mouse holes most of the time! So busy that I don't have me time. Time to have my hair cut. I went nearly 3 months this last time and let me tell you, I was beginning to look like a shaggy dog. I used to have my nails done, pretty french manicures so I looked like I had a "life of leisure." It was all smoke and mirrors, I never had that kind of life! It's so daily, things that keep you beautiful.
I think I've come down with a summer cold. At first I thought it was allergy, but as rotten as I feel today it's most likely a cold. No surprise really, I've been in 3 nursing homes last week and visited the offices of several health care facilities. Duh, that's where germs like to hang out! I felt so bad over the weekend that I had to bow out of dinner plans to celebrate my GRANDson's birthday. That's pretty sick for me! I don't turn down a party or a chance to eat out unless I'm on my death bed.
The one good thing about being sick is you have a good excuse to take a nap. Saturday afternoon I went upstairs, turned back the covers and took a long snooze. It was delicious! Then yesterday I actually looked at blogs. I read my favs and then I blog-hopped just like I used to do when I was a newbie! I found some new ones to love, that's good news/bad news!
I have a lot in common with Janie Fox Talks, she's into this gig called "Grandma" and like me she "is a big fan of run-on sentences and the 3 dots (...)!!! I told her I was stealing her latest good idea, bullets for blogs. It's the best way I know to pull together this disjointed life I have and summarize my week of chaos. Thank you Janie and here we go... (just had to go to the 3 dot thing and get it out of my system!)
- Last week was a hard one, I had words with one lawyer and two health care professionals.
- I think the heat may be affecting my good mood.
- I've run out of ideas what sounds good for over 100 degree days.
- The dog's rash is worse, probably the heat but he has it in the winter too :o(
- When the weather cools off, I have about 2 months of outside work to do.
- We have 3 more summer birthdays to celebrate so I'm warning you ahead of time that I will blog about them!
- The Netflix thing is working out. I wasn't sure we'd watch movies again since we had almost got out of the habit. It's kind of nice to have something other than the History Channel or Housewife's of New Jersey to watch!
- I still need a vacation.